Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mission Statement

As the 2012 season is already two races in I believe I should state more about this blog and what I hope it accomplishes. I have been proactive when it comes to IndyCar but honest. Looking for the bright side of thing is what I do. Sure, TV ratings are low. Sure, there are only five oval races. Sure, ABC's coverage is not the greatest but let's turn those all around.

To start with ABC, it isn't the best coverage at all. But it is network TV. Something IndyCar needs to survive. I do agree with the majority that some changes should be made but it isn't the end of the world.

Ovals: I love ovals. Especially the short, flat ones, but the truth it is tough to get the ovals IndyCar and its fans want due to scheduling. It isn't impossible but Randy Bernard has to be willing to work with those running the tracks. I believe more ovals are coming. Will in be 50/50? I don't know but if the schedule is 20 races, with 8 ovals, that isn't bad.

TV Ratings: Patience. Look at Barber. It was a great race that no one saw coming, not even the drivers. Any true racing fan would have enjoyed that race. Sure the ratings aren't good now but how long can great racing go with out the viewers? I know NBC Sports Network is struggling but let's give it time and see how the promotion of the races on TV go.

This is just a bit of what it to come. This is a down week for motorsports in general but look for a post on the Moto GP opening weekend from Qatar in the next day or two.