Sunday, September 30, 2012

2013 IndyCar Schedule: First Impressions

1. Nothing out of left field but it's better than no schedule at all.

2. Terrible, long breaks in the summer. One month off from September to October is not good at all. Does not look likely but I hope and pray some race can be thrown into the middle of the month. But, there is always 2014.

3. Great to see most ovals on ABC. Those are the best races all year, show those to the average fans and they will be hooked

4. I don't mind doubleheaders. IT MORE RACING! HOW DO SOME RACE FANS NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

5. Nice to see Fontana as the finale.

6.  I wish Pocono would be a 500-miler. I will definitely be there.

7. No Providence but maybe we should try to get away from the street courses.

8. The standing start-rolling start is fine for me.

9. Plenty of time to work on the 2014 schedule.

10. Overall, I am pleased. Sure, I would have loved to see those gaps filled but maybe there is some hope of later races being announced. I think Randy has learned and will be working to get the desired dates on the 2014 schedule.