Friday, December 21, 2012

If This Is It, Let's Clear The Air

Depending on what you believe, today shall be the last day of life on Earth. I do not necessarily believe that but if it is it, there are somethings I would like to say. I want to get it out their so no stone is left unturned.

Here we go:

I enjoyed the split from the standpoint I could see ten decent road/street course events and ten decent oval events. If only we could do that today under one united schedule.

Deep down, I always thought Richie Hearn could have been a really good driver if he was given a full-time ride.

I was devastated when Versus got the rights to IndyCar.

I was devastated when ABC kept the rights to the Indianapolis 500.

I was not rooting for Buddy Rice during the 2004 Indianapolis 500. I was pulling for Tony Kanaan that day.

I like Buddy Rice and it is sad he was casted aside by IndyCar and I wish he was in the series today. HE IS AN AMERICAN, INDIANAPOLIS 500 WINNER!

I thought if Raphael Matos did not get an IndyCar ride after winning the Atlantics and Lights title in back-to-back he would have been a winner at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I think Alex Lloyd should be a full-time driver in IndyCar and he should be given open reign to say whatever he wants. I suggest you follow him on Twitter.

I am disappointed in the Indy Lights series and what it has been for the last three seasons. A lot of young drivers were tossed aside before even being looked at. James Davison, Daniel Herrington, Jonathan Summerton, Logan Gomez, Dillon Battistini, Jonathan Bomarito, Robbie Pecorari and let's go back to those who were stuck in Atlantics, John Edwards, Carl Skerlong, Dane Cameron, etc. Were all these drivers going to be winners in IndyCar, probably not but they were all not given the best shot at the ladder system and overlooked for ride buyers.

I do not like Formula One racing where the money is (Singapore, Bahrain, South Korea and China) over places where the fans are (France, Imola) and having long time Grand Prix under constant threat of being removed from the schedule (Germany, Britain, Australia).

I once thought a sports car race at the Speedway would not be a bad thing to try. I was very wrong.

Originally I was not for an IndyCar race at Iowa. I was very wrong and now I look forward to Iowa every year.

I never thought Joey Logano was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It wasn't until Nicky Hayden won the 2005 US Grand Prix that I really got into bike racing.

When I was younger, I use to work my schedule around every NASCAR race. Cup, Busch/Nationwide/Truck. I think in a three year span, I only missed about five or six races from the three series combined.

I only watched three Truck races in 2012.

IndyCar and Formula One races are much easier with my schedule today.

I have skipped school just to watch Carb Day on TV. Not go to Carb Day but watch it on TV.

I was rooting against Bertrand Baguette at the 2011 Indianapolis 500. Nothing against him as a driver or a person. I think he is very talented and could have been in Formula One (sadly money got in the way) but for the 100th anniversary of the race it would have killed any shot of the race being mentioned on SportsCenter or any other major American media outlet. Sadly that is the world we live in today.

After 2007, I have never been a big Fernando Alonso fan.

After finding out about the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, I was never a big Nelson Piquet Jr. fan.

Since the 2012 Nationwide race at Road America, Nelson Piquet Jr. has started to grow on me.

When Felipe Massa missed out the World Title in 2008 I was emotionally drained for him. He was so close.

I was excited when I heard the idea of the movie Turbo. I was less excited when I heard Ryan Reynolds was going to be the main star. He just doesn't do it for me.

I still do not understand how Andrew Ranger is still in NASCAR's Canadian Division.

I am OK with the number 99 still being in use. I feel it is more of an honor to keep the number available than to retire it. Imagine if James Hinchcliffe gets the opportunity to race the number 99. How special would that be for him?

My future brother-in-law likes the movie Driven. After I found that out I really did not know what else to say to him.

With all that said I think it is a good point to end it. If this is the end, it's been fun. If there is a December 22, Merry Christmas and be sure to check back here. I will be Santa Claus and giving out some Christmas gifts.