2. Chevrolet has two weeks to figure out a way to catch up with Honda.
3. Sébastien Bourdais had a phenomenal weekend and deserved it. Watch out for him at Mid-Ohio where he finished fourth last year.
4. Can someone explain how race control can wave the rule stating a driver has to do two green flag laps on each tire compound for Dario Franchitti? Those are the regulations. Forget the fact Franchitti had a tire rube on his first lap but that sets the precedent for future races. The rules are the rules and you cannot wave them willy nilly. Here is the rule, article 22.214.171.124.3.1 verbatim:
A Car must complete two Green Condition laps on each type of tire. The second of which may be completed in pit lane even if the Car is pitted prior to the Start/Finish line. Any Entrant failing to comply with this Rule shall receive a minimum one lap penalty.Nowhere does it say the race director may have the rule for a driver who suffers a flat tire on their first lap with that compound. That is complete ignorance for the rules by race control.
Also, I could be wrong, but aren't lapped cars supposed to be waved on restarts with under twenty laps to go. I could be wrong on that one but I thought I heard it before. Maybe it was suggested but shot down. Article 126.96.36.199. states the race director may choose to move lapped cars on a restart late in a race but doesn't have to.
5. Great day for EJ Viso in fifth, top finishing Andretti Autosport driver, Charlie Kimball get a great sixth place finish with Mike Conway charging up to seventh from twenty-third on the grid just ahead of his teammate Justin Wilson.
6. Marco Andretti gain eight positions to ninth and Alex Tagliani got Canada a top ten making up for the poor day for James Hinchcliffe.
7. Ryan Hunter-Reay is a big hole. Got into Will Power and Takuma Sato late. Killed a good day, now sixty-nine points back. He will need to win at least two or three races to have a shot and need Castroneves to have a few finishes in the 20s.
8. Just when it appeared things were turning around of James Hinchcliffe, they go back to the bottom of the barrel with a stuck throttle.
9. Another good doubleheader. Toronto produced two really good races. As I've said all along, I hope doubleheaders stay.
10. Really good day for Carlos Muñoz who finished seventeenth after only getting seventeen laps during the morning warm-up.
11. Dear God I hope Toronto can stay on the schedule for years to come. 2014 is the final contractual year. 2015 Exhibition Places host the Pan American Games during what is the normal race weekend. I hope it can be kept on the schedule.