Sunday, June 3, 2012

Belle Isle: First Impressions

I don't know where to begin.

1a.  If Penske wants American races and is promoting this race, why not promote a race at Michigan International Speedway? Race would be ten times better.

1b. The track wouldn't fall apart.

1c. I wonder what Houston will be like in 2013?

1d. Penske had a hell of a day as a team owner.

2a. ABC/ESPN dropped the ball.

2b. It's one thing to move from ABC to ESPN. It's another to go to ESPNNEWS.

2c. How the hell is the IndyCar race not even on ESPN3.com or the WatchESPN app?

2d. I am applying to be either director or lead announcer for the remaining ABC races.

3. I understand why the races on ABC begin at 3:30pm (NASCAR begins at 1:00pm) but to those who say you have to race when nothing else is on my answer to that is every race will have to be shown at 2:00am EST. You're going to be head-to-head with something. How about starting before the NASCAR race? Noon was a wide open start time.

4. IndyCar: DO NOT PLAY INTO ABC's HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Hell of a day for "momentum after the 500."

6. Great job by Dixon and Honda.

7. Servia had another great day.

8. If you look at IndyCar's unofficial box score, Hinchcliffe didn't even race. Castroneves finished 17th and 21st.

9. I can not believe I am saying this: I am looking forward to Texas.

10. One reason is for NBC Sports Net. As for the racing, I am holding my breath.