Thursday, October 22, 2015

1000 Things

Back when I completed my 700th post, I decided I wanted to do something special for #1000. I didn't know what to do. I guess one night after probably a Trackside episode or reading articles when things were just negative I realized I was tired of it. It is tiring being angry. It is not good for your health either.

That's when I decided to start a list of all the things I love about motorsports. From past races to drivers. Race tracks to specific corners. From specific memories to concrete objects. It took about a year to get to from thinking about post #1000 to actually posting. The first three hundred came quickly. The rest took a lot of time. There would be binges where drivers, racetracks, past races, etc. were added and then there would go a month without looking at the list.

After reading over the list a few times, I am calm. My blood pressure is down. My head no longer aches. I am at ease. Perhaps this is something we should all do. When times get difficult and you just feel like throwing in the towel, you just need to list all the things you love. You don't need to hit 1000 but I am sure you could hit 100 if you gave yourself a day or two to think about it and go through your memory bank or your Twitter feed or old photo albums.

I hope this list can make you feel relaxed just like it made me. (Note: For time and convenience I screenshot the list into twelve parts).

This isn't all that I love about motorsports and this isn't in order from what I love the most to what I love the least. This is just a list of 1000 thing I love. There are plenty of people, cars, races, sights, sounds and moments I forgot. I am only human. I can only remember so much. 

1000 posts down. Here is to 1000 more.